• EHPM Concerned About List of Rejected Art 13.1 Claims

    May 17, 2012
    The European Federation of Associations of Health Product Manufacturers (EHPM) said the list of rejected Article 13.1 claims published today alongside the permitted list in the Union Register of the European Commission is premature in light of the co…

  • MSU Issues Canned Food Study

    May 16, 2012
    Michigan State University (MSU) has released a study underscoring the pivotal role of canned foods in the helping address the fight against obesity.   With continued emphasis on the importance of increasing fruit and vegetable intake, canned foo…

  • Corn Products Becomes Ingredion

    May 15, 2012
    Corn Products International, Westchester, IL, and its shareholders have voted to change the company’s name to Ingredion.

  • Biscuit Market Thriving

    May 15, 2012
    Innova Market Insights has found two opposing forces within the sweet biscuits market to be driving global sales. The treat image of biscuits is driving the premium sector forward, while rising health concerns have also raised interest in better-for-…

  • Revenue for Probiotic Cultures Boosted

    May 14, 2012
    A new market analysis from Frost & Sullivan has found that the probiotic market earned revenues of $310.0 million in 2011 and is estimated to reach $522.8 million by 2018, thanks to increasing awareness about the benefits of consuming probiotics…

  • JAMA: Probiotics Can Ward Off Antibiotic Diarrhea

    May 11, 2012
    According to a new study published in the Journal of American Medical Association, probiotics can curtail the diarrhea that affects one-quarter to one-third of patients as a side effect of taking a course of antibiotics.   Study researchers revi…

  • CHORI-bar Improves Health Biomarkers

    May 11, 2012
    Led by National Medal of Science winner Bruce N. Ames, Ph.D., scientists at Children’s Hospital Oakland Research Institute’s (CHORI)Nutrition & Metabolism Center, have developed a low-calorie, fruit-based high fiber vitamin and minera…

  • NMI Releases 2012 Consumer Insight Report

    May 11, 2012
    NMI’s new report, “Strategic Trends and Insights in Health and Wellness,” has been released and offers insights into several health and wellness trends. Many of the new recommendations from the Institute of Medicine (IoM) study on h…

  • BASF Acquires Equateq Ltd.

    May 10, 2012
    BASF today has acquired Equateq Ltd., a leading manufacturer of highly concentrated omega-3 fatty acids, for an undisclosed amount. With the acquisition, BASF extends its portfolio of omega-3 products for the pharmaceutical and dietary supplement ind…

  • ConsumerLab.com Finds Lead Contamination and Mislabeling in Joint Health Supplements

    May 8, 2012
    ConsumerLab.com purchased and tested more than 50 human and pet osteoarthritis supplements containing  glucosamine, chondroitin, and MSM and found some of the products to be contaminated with lead, missing certain listed ingredients, or have ina…

  • U.S. Cosmeceuticals Sales Approach $10 Billion

    May 3, 2012
    Like many consumer packaged goods categories, cosmeceuticals sales suffered during the recession, but the going could have been tougher were it not for cosmeceuticals’ “little luxury” appeal and bang-for-the-buck ability to deliver…

  • Food Authenticity Encouraging Sustainable Supply Chains

    May 3, 2012
    Food authentication techniques are gaining popularity, partly because of growing concerns about fraud involving organic and sustainable foods, according to Organic Monitor, which said this development is encouraging sustainability by providing greate…

  • DuPont Acquires Full Ownership of Solae

    May 2, 2012
    DuPont has acquired from Bunge full ownership of the Solae, LLC joint venture, a soy-based ingredients leader. DuPont previously owned 72% of the joint venture while Bunge owned the remaining 28%. Headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, USA, the compan…

  • FDA Warns DMAA Marketers; AHPA Disagrees with FDA’s Synthetics Position

    April 30, 2012
    The FDA has issued warning lettersto 10 marketers of 1,3-dimethylamylamine (DMAA)-containing dietary supplements. FDA states that these products are adulterated due to allegations that the companies have not complied with certain provisions of the Di…

  • Marketers Eying Multicultural Millennials

    April 27, 2012
    On the surface, very little appears monolithic about adult Millennials (defined as those in the 18- to 29-year-old age group, and also known as Gen-Y). Millennials include full-time college students, late-20-somethings who have moved back to their pa…

RELATED TOPICS